Why do you need Toys for bored dogs? The act of chewing seems to be a matter of individual preference among dogs: some have an innate desire to chew as a pleasurable activity in itself, and some seem to have no need to chew whatsoever unless they’re driven to it out of sheer boredom.
A dog that is bored is a recipe for disaster: the dog can chew up your couch, socks, curtains, shoes, or anything to make time pass a little faster. Your dog boredom may cause excessive:
Dogs need physical and mental stimulation to keep them content, and when he is bored he makes his own entertainment. Leaving your dog alone could be a bad idea, dogs don’t like to be alone when they are domesticated they like to be with family members.
Dogs who become bored often do so due to a lack of mental stimulation while you are away
What to do when your dog is bored
Several things you can do:
- Spending time with your dog, giving him attention, and indulging him in some constructive play control his urge to destroy your things.
- Exercising your dog before you leave, either through play or with a long walk, not only will help you two bond but also leave your dog too tired to become bored. Your dog will likely be napping, not destructively chewing, when you leave.
- Dogs like to roam and explore the territory. You should walk your dog at least one time a day.
- Dogs love to do any kind of physical activities like running, tracking, hunting, playing fetch, Frisbee, jogging with their owners, just anything. Physical activity is necessary to burn off his extra energy.
- Providing toys for your dog, they need appropriate toys, will give keep your dog’s mind preoccupied during your absence and stave off boredom. Interactive toys are mentally stimulating but not overly difficult, he likely will eventually figure out how to get the toy to release some treats, and, encouraged by the reward, will keep going until the toy is empty. Rotate your dog’s toys out each day so that he doesn’t get bored playing with the same toy all the time. Dog chew toys are good for your dog’s mental stimulation, which is just as important as physical exercise.
Interactive dog toys & Dog Chew Toys
This fun toy was designed to be filled with your dog’s favorite kibble or treats. A ‘toothed’ opening helps retain treats, creating a greater challenge for your dog to get at the goodies inside. Do you have a speed eater? Use the Roast Turkey Treat Dispensing Toy to serve your dog’s meals. It will slow down eating while keeping your dog stimulated and entertained. Fun to toss and fetch even after the treats are gone.
Holiday Wobble Ball™ Dog Toy combines play time and mental stimulation to create the ultimate enrichment toy by enticing your pup’s senses. Coupled with the sound and sight of dog treats spinning inside, this interactive puzzle toy is uniquely shaped to roll around unpredictably to your fluffy friend’s delight
Your pup can hit the jackpot and beat boredom with the Casino Interactive Puzzle Dog Toy. With bones in unlocked position, open drawers and drop in treats or kibble. Close drawers and lock bones. Now let the games begin
Give your puppy tornado of energy their very own Puppy Tornado Interactive Puzzle Dog Toy, the ideal toy for bored puppies that will help keep your canine occupied and mentally stimulated! This challenging toy features 3 tiers with 12 compartments for dog snacks or kibble.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.