What is RSS?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It refers to files easily read by a computer called XML files that automatically update information.
This information is fetched by a user’s RSS feed reader that converts the files and the latest updates from websites into an easy-to-read format.
An RSS feed takes the headlines, summaries, and update notices, and then links back to articles on your favorite website’s page.
This content is distributed in real-time, so that the top results on the RSS feed are always the latest published content for a website.
As internet content became more complex, so did RSS files, quickly adopting images, video, and more, but still in a stripped-down format for more effortless loading and compatibility across all feed readers. Readers usually automatically update to deliver the newest content right to your device. This approach allows internet users to create their online feeds filled with custom updates from the sites they regularly visit.
- Antidote Health debuts telemedicine-based mental health clinic
The new virtual care program will provide medication management, patient education and treatment for a variety of mental illnesses.
- Ben Goldacre opted-out of UK data sharing scheme due to privacy fears
Trusted research environments would help ‘mitigate risks and earn public trust,’ in use of GP data Goldacre says.
- UCHealth changes prescribing behavior for the better with real-time transparency data
Nearly half of providers who saw an alternative with a savings opportunity made a switch to that lower-cost option, and the health system has achieved a 98.3% success rate in prescription transactions between PBMs and its Epic EHR.
- Amwell rolls out new behavioral health program
The virtual care expansion, which builds on Amwell's SilverCloud Health acquisition, is designed in response to clinician shortages and aims to help reduce the cost of mental healthcare, the company says.
- Cerner working with Elligo, Frenome on multiomics for early cancer detection
With real-world data from its Learning Health Network, Cerner hopes to advance oncology innovation and expand access to clinical trials.
- Telstra Health appoints ex-Cerner official to new Chief Health Officer role
This comes as Dr Vincent McCauley is stepping down from his CMO/CMIO posts.
- AI-enabled app evaluates MRI data to help analyze dementia
Neurological IT company Combinostics announces the Dementia Differential Analysis report on the differential diagnosis of dementias. The app-based report visualizes comparisons of patient MRI biomarkers with other data from patients.
- How providers and Florida Medicaid manage potentially preventable ED visits via health IT
Ongoing real-time data enables the immediate monitoring of the impact of interventions, rather than waiting months to years to see the effects.
- Balancing risk management with scalable costs is 'table stakes' for security strategy
Carium CEO and cofounder Scott Pradels chats about the importance of workflow process evaluation and the overall risks of a virtual care environment.