Hypertension, or high blood pressure, refers to the pressure of blood against your artery walls. Over time, high blood pressure can cause blood vessel damage that leads to heart disease, kidney disease, stroke, and other problems. Hypertension is sometimes called the silent killer because it produces no symptoms and can go unnoticed — and untreated — for years.
In the past, I’ve spoken about how bad high blood pressure is for your health. Of course, it can lead to a heart attack or stroke.
However, high blood pressure also accelerates aging, decreases blood flow, causes wrinkles, hair loss, memory problems, and erectile problems… just to name a few.
And the older you get, the higher your blood pressure gets due to the negative changes in hormones.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and PreventionTrusted Source (CDC), an estimated 75 million Americans have high blood pressure. Many risk factors for high blood pressure are out of your control, such as age, family history, gender, and race. But there are also factors you can control, such as exercise and diet. A diet that can help control blood pressure is rich in potassium, magnesium, and fiber and lower in sodium.
What’s worse is that 67% of adults have pre-hypertension. This means their blood pressure is above normal and borderline high.
Thus, it’s just a matter of time before you’re diagnosed with high blood pressure and your doctor is going to do what they do best – prescribe you a toxic and addictive drug, which has even MORE negative effects than the original problem of having high blood pressure.
And I know this situation very well because both of my parents have had high blood pressure in the past – but no more!
So today, I’m going to share with you a yummy food you can eat daily, which clinical studies have shown can lower your blood pressure as well as anti-hypertensive drugs – but without any of the negative effects.
Lower Your Blood Pressure With Blueberries
However, a few things to consider:
- Make sure this is done twice daily. 200 grams in one sitting, didn’t perform as well as 100 grams, twice daily.
- You should eat organic blueberries. Because of the thin skin of blueberries, pesticides and similar toxins can easily get through the thin skin and go directly into the blueberry. Unlike, for example, a pineapple – which has a thick outer protective layer, which you don’t eat anyway.
- Don’t drink blueberry juice, it needs to be the actual fruit. Besides, drinking the juice will increase your blood sugar, which will actually increase your blood pressure – the opposite of your goal.
I actually buy frozen, organic blueberries because it’s hard to find fresh blueberries in season, year-round.
English Hawthorn Berries
The smaller, “wild” blueberries have even more benefits.
In fact, English Hawthorn Berries have way more benefits than blueberries.
But, they’re hard to find and very expensive.
The good news is that the blood-pressure-lowering effects can be felt in about 2 hours, so the results are felt quickly.
Blueberries may help lower blood pressure
Eating a cup of blueberries every day may help your BP, suggests a new study. The results, published online Feb. 16, 2019, by The Journals of Gerontology, Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, found that consuming 200 grams of blueberries (about one cup) daily can improve blood vessel function and decrease systolic blood pressure (the top number in a blood pressure reading).
Researchers recruited 40 healthy men and randomly gave them either a drink containing 200 grams of whole wild blueberries or a control drink (which looked and tasted much the same) every day for a month. The team also monitored the men’s blood pressure as well as the flow-mediated dilation of the brachial artery in their upper arms. This measures how the artery widens when blood flow increases and is a marker of reduced cardiovascular disease risk.
Afterward, the researchers found that flow-mediated dilation improved by about 2% within two hours of consuming the blueberry drink and the effect was sustained after one month of daily consumption. Also, systolic blood pressure fell by an average of 5 millimeters of mercury. The effect was similar to that from common blood pressure drugs over the same period.
So there are lots of ways for lowering your blood pressure and improving hypertension – diet and exercise being the two important factors. Unfortunately, they take time and most people are either NOT patient or need faster results, with less effort… This is the exact problem I ran into with my own dad. Because of this, I needed to find a simple, easy and fast solution for improving his blood pressure levels in less than 30 days, without the use of harmful prescription drugs or following a restrictive diet. If this is something you’re also interested in, you can easily copy this “perfect formula“, implement it, and start seeing and feeling results within days…
This is especially important…
- as we get older (due to negative changes in hormones)
- during times of extra stress (physical and/or emotional)
- due to genetics (a major factor in sugar metabolism)
- incorrect diet (wrong foods and/or macro-nutrients)
- improper exercise plan (too much or little or wrong kind)
Maintaining healthy blood sugar is essential to lasting & youthful health.
Unfortunately, there are many reasons that can cause imbalances in blood pressure & insulin levels.
When I first formulated Blood Sugar Optimizer™ for myself, my goal was to quickly improve this situation by simultaneously addressing the three (3) primary causes of unbalanced blood sugar:
- Hormonal (changes in testosterone, estrogen, insulin, cortisol, GH, etc.)*
- Physical (genetics, poor sleep, incorrect, diet, improper exercise, etc.)*
- Emotional (stress, worry, panic, anger, fear, etc.)*
Summary & Benefits
- Maintains Healthy Sugar Profile, Within Normal Range
- BENEFIT: we don’t want “high” or “low” levels, both can be bad for health. You want a youthful, healthy profile within the normal range.
- Promotes Youthful Sugar & Carbohydrate Metabolism
- BENEFIT: foods you eat gets utilized correctly & efficiently for energy & repair.
- Encourages Healthy Insulin Sensitivity
- BENEFIT: enhances fat loss and improves muscle endurance, size & strength.
- Supports Youthful Glucose Digestion & Elimination
- BENEFIT: reduces sugar crashes & “hangry” feelings (hunger, mixed with anger).
- Reduces Sugar & Carbohydrate Cravings
- BENEFIT: healthy weight management, mood, energy, brain function & memory
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.