According to Wikipedia, outdoor activity or countryside activities refers to recreation engaged out of doors, most commonly in natural settings. The activities that encompass outdoor recreation vary depending on the physical environment they are being carried out in.
Outdoor activities include fishing, hunting, backpacking, and horseback riding — and can be completed individually or collectively. Outdoor recreation is a broad concept that encompasses a varying range of activities and landscapes.
A lot of our favorite exercises require us to be outdoors, swimming, biking, jogging, they’re all outdoor activities. Even sports leagues are known for taking breaks during the winter, the familiar winter freeze is no condition to be in when spending hours outside.
Winter activities outdoor – Staying Fit and Healthy Through Winter
Yet, we can’t justify letting go of our health for months at a time, so how do we get around chilly winters?
It just depends on your budget. If you’re interested in something that won’t break the bank, check out these low-cost ideas and activities.
- Gym – Depending on the gyms available in your area, a membership can be very cost-effective if you’re planning on using it several times a week.
- It provides a more controlled area for exercise during bad weather while giving access to several pieces of equipment.
- DIY – By now, we all know that DIY stands for “do it yourself”. The idea behind this is to stay indoors with budget “equipment”. A personal favorite for a replacement in weights is to fill milk jugs up with sand.
- There are exercise videos that require nothing more than an open space in the living room that could be a good investment as well.
- Bundle Up – Some people might insist on braving the winter weather, but to avoid getting sick or unwanted wear and tear on the body, stay warm and hydrated this winter.
There are other ways of avoiding the freezing cold, but it can be quite costly. However, it is also known to be cheaper in the long run, just not for a short-term period.
Safe Indoor & Countryside Activities
The idea is creating your own personal gym at home, a spare room isn’t required but it does make it easier and more presentable. If your budget allows this type of solution, then here are a few pieces of equipment to get you started.
- Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Bike – An exercise bike is a well-known and great piece of equipment for various forms of upper and lower body workouts.
- This particular bike has another set of pedals for the “handles” to promote a full-body workout.
- Stamina Avari Height Adjustable Treadmill – Another excellent form of exercise includes walking and running. A treadmill is a convenient and effective way to burn calories, much like you would from running a mile around the neighborhood.
- This treadmill can be adjusted for specific heights and is easily portable.
Investing in your own personal gym can be a costly expense, but if you plan to continue exercising for years to come, it becomes worth it quite fast.
Eventually, the gym memberships will add up and the use of this equipment will no longer be worth the money. However, investing in the equipment for yourself can be a great way to budget in the long run. No matter the method you prefer, stay warm if you plan to continue outdoor routines and activities this winter!
Posted by Chelsea Shaffer to Active Lifestyles
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.