What is blood pressure?
Blood pressure is a measure of the force that your heart uses to pump blood around your body.
How is blood pressure (BP) measured?
Blood pressure (BP) is measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg):
- systolic pressure – the pressure when your heart pushes blood out
- diastolic pressure – the pressure when your heart rests between beats
As a general guide:
- ideal BP is considered to be between 90/60mmHg and 120/80mmHg
- high BP is considered to be 140/90mmHg or higher
- low BP is considered to be 90/60mmHg or lower
Hypertension / High BP
High blood pressure is often related to unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as smoking, drinking too much alcohol, being overweight, and not exercising enough.
Left untreated, high BP can increase your risk of developing a number of serious long-term health conditions, such as coronary heart disease and kidney disease.
Medication, regular exercising, and a healthy diet play an important role in treating high BP and preventing possible complications.
Top 10 foods to control hypertension :
Garlic is a natural antibiotic food and is highly effective in treating hypertension or high BP.
According to researchers of a study published in nutrition, garlic grows a chemical called allicin. It is an active ingredient associated with garlic’s blood pressure, lowering gist, especially in those who have high BP or hypertension.
Some experiments too recommended garlic growths the body’s production of nitric oxide, which lived the smooth muscles to loosen and the blood vessels to distend.
Therefore, people with high BP are recommended to include garlic in their daily diet plan.
Kiwi – Grapes and Blueberries:
They are rich in lutein, a potent antioxidant, and this may be what is responsible for their blood pressure.
Lowering influences positioned investigates of Oslo University Hospital in Norway, investigate presented at the technical fill of the American Heart Association shows that eating three kiwis a day is linked to decreased BP.
The investigates likened the effects of apples and kiwis on people with slightly BP.
Watermelons are loaded with citrulline and lycopene. These two potent plant compounds play an important role in managing high blood pressure in the body.
- Citrulline is converted into arginine an amino acid that is needed for the production of a gas announced nitric oxide. When nitric oxide is produced, it helps expands blood vessels which boost better blood move and prevents abnormal spike in blood pressure levels.
- Other vitamins and minerals in watermelon are also good for your heart health. These include vitamin C vitamin B6 magnesium and potassium. A study has revealed that eating watermelon is good for heart health and can reduce the risk of nerve troubles in cold cases.
Leafy Green Vegetables:
Leafy green vegetables, like spinach, kale, are low in calories high in fiber, and jam-pack with heart-healthy nutrients like potassium folate and magnesium.
These veggies are also rich in natural nitrates, which help to manage blood pressure.
- Potassium, rich food cures the body to become more efficient at flushing out a plethora of sodium, which can cause BP.
- Magnesium enables our insignificant blood vessels to unwind, helping to maintain elasticity and normal blood move.
Oatmeal, high-pitched in fiber can help your body maintain a healthful BP and cholesterol position. 100 grams of fortified oats has 10 grams of fiber as well as 352. Milligram of calcium and 359 grams of potassium.
In some studies, both calcium and potassium have helped abate BP in research studies of kinfolks with high blood pressure, gobbling fiber, rich wholegrain oats every day called a significant dip in blood pressure sees.
Darkness chocolate, light chocolate contains more than 60 % cocoa solids and has less sugar than regular chocolate.
- Chocolate is high in flavonoids, particularly a subtype announced flavonoids that is associated with the lower threat of myocardial infarction.
- A brand-new Harvard study finds that eating a smaller spoon of obscurity chocolate daily can help lower BP for beings with hypertension.
Milk and Yogurt:
Milk and yogurt are an excellent source of calcium and also a reasonable beginning of potassium and magnesium.
- These nutrients together help in lowering blood pressure. I study among US adults, found at greater intakes of skipped milk and yogurt are associated with a smaller increase in systolic blood pressure and a lower threat of high blood pressure incidents per year.
- Harmonizing to 2016, a study presented at the American Heart Association, dames, who ate five or more suffices of yogurt a week, experienced a 20 % reduction in their risk for developing high blood pressure.
Beetroots are a low-calorie food, jam-pack with a variety of nutrients.
According to a study published in the Journal of nutrition, drinking one glass of beetroot liquor tail is enough to significantly reduce blood pressure in parties with hypertension.
The combination that originates beetroot a health veggie for blood pressure is nitric oxide.
It is a very strong chemical that affects your blood vessels to your legs, which improves blood move, to your organs, muscles, and, more importantly, your mind.
A study published in 2015 in hypertension goes to show that beet juice is able to lower blood pressure, improved the ability to exercise, improved oxygen transmission to the heart, and enhance the general health of the blood.
Berries are rich in bioactive combinations called anthocyanins are found in high-pitched extents and raspberries black currants, blood orange liquor, and blueberries.
A new study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that bioactive compounds in blueberries called anthocyanins open protection against hypertension compared with those who do not eat blueberries.
Those eating at least one acting a week to reduce the risk of developing the condition by 10 %. The researchers was also pointed out that blueberries may not only help control high blood pressure but likewise may prevent people from developing hypertension.
Bananas are an extremely good root of potassium fiber and low-toned in sodium.
Several studies goes to show that potassium and fiber status abbreviated the risk of blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.
Eating potassium-rich meat, increase push on kidneys and also helps in coming rid of excess sodium in the body by position added sodium out of her body through urine.
Potassium too helps in maintaining fluid and electrolyte poise in their own bodies which promotions restrict blood pressure to incorporate more bananas into your diet, to accede to your cereal patty, meat, smoothies, and milkshakes.