Last updated on July 13th, 2022 at 07:35 pm
Playing with friends you can do excellent brainstorming (brain teaser), but what is brainstorming?
Brainstorming is a way to generate ideas within a group setting, participating in the sessions stimulates and unlocks people’s creative talents. Brainstorming also builds self-esteem because people are being asked for their participation and their ideas.
Solving puzzles is not just great fun, it can also be very good for you. Brain teasers are a great way to exercise your brain. It is called a brain teaser for adults.
Doing a puzzle reinforces connections between brain cells, improves mental speed, and is an especially effective way to improve short-term memory. Jigsaw puzzles improve your visual-spatial reasoning.
4 Classic games and puzzles (brain teaser) to exercise your brain
Scrabble On top of bringing out the competitive spirit in every age group, this classic word game works to enrich your vocabulary and train your mind to focus on a sole task. With an entire dictionary of words to choose from, every round is different, and you’ll never tire of playing this game. It’s been around since 1948 after all.
Crossword puzzles help delay the onset of memory decline in people who develop dementia. This brain activity helps you improve your verbal skills, and forces you to think deeply.
Rummikub This easy-to-learn, fast-moving game combines both luck and strategy. Players take turns placing numbered tiles in runs and groups, rummy style. As the board changes, players constantly adjust their tiles until every tile on their rack is gone. Rummikub may help sharpen your sequencing, pattern recognition, and planning skills.
Sudoku is a number puzzle where you have to fill a grid with numbers 1 through 9, with each number appearing only once in a row, column, or box. This classic game makes you think critically and helps improve concentration skills. While there are many mobile options nowadays, nothing hits harder than playing with pen and paper.
Tips on Improving Mental Health of Seniors
- Not giving up the job and willingness to work: Working has a good impact on mental health of the elderly and seniors who work part-time or full-time have better mental health.
- Keep in touch: Depression and loneliness are among the issues that most elderly are suffering from. However, they are very easy to manage if the elderly have access to communication means to keep in touch with their loved ones.
- Studies show that contacting family members, whether in person or via social media and video chatting, can enhance the mood and mental health of the elderly and create a sense of worthiness in them, which are the most effective ways to hinder the emergence of depression.
- Maintain Social Relationships: Social relationships with friends, family, relatives, and co-workers help maintain mental health. Studies have shown that people who interact well with family members, relatives, and social groups develop Alzheimer‘s symptoms later than those isolated and alone, so it is recommended that the elderly maintain these relationships.
- Exercise your mind and brain: Some distractions are considered normal in old age. Nervous stress, anxiety, and busy living can also interfere with your memory and concentration.
- Engage your mind by solving a variety of crosswords and puzzles (brain teaser). Increasing your general knowledge by reading multiple books is one of the hobbies for seniors.
- Ask for help: Family members and friends are always there to ask for help during this life period. However, you might have some issues with your relatives, or you might not want to reveal your inner thoughts to them.
- In these cases, you might need to talk to someone who is a stranger. Hence, by asking caregivers to listen to your inner thoughts, you can redeem yourself of most of your problems since they have specialist knowledge in their field and can provide you with proper advice.
Brainteaser for adults – Supplements
Quickly Improve Memory & Increase Physical Energy
Body⇌Brain Energy™ is a Nootropic based formula, containing 21 clinically researched ingredients, designed to help maximize your physical energy and optimize your mental performance*… Resulting in a whole-body energy boost, with anti-aging benefits for your body and brain!*
Body⇌Brain Energy™ has a proven track record because the formula utilizes scientifically researched ingredients, supported by clinical data.* Every ingredient comes with a Certificate of Analysis and is manufactured in the US, under strict GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) & NSF (third-party certification) regulations.
How To Reduce Feelings of Anxiety, Worry & Sadness
Get Your Smile Back: Relax, Improve Mood & Confidence
- Mental Calmness & Physical Relaxation*
- Positive Mood & Emotional Balance*
- Relief From Worry, Nervousness & Tension*
- Brain & Gut Health*
- Confidence, Control & Youthful Mental Outlook*
Source & Credits:
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.